During these difficult times, health care providers around the world are risking their lives, and the lives of their loved ones, working over-time in this battle against the coronavirus. We have wanted to mobilize the international quilting community to participate in a solidarity project as a token of thanks for their hard work and dedication.
Up to now, 80 quilt designers have created blocks and over 1,000 others from around the globe have already signed up!
A huge thank to everyone who has already participated in this operation !
We will share with you the creations of these amazing quilters until the end of August. Then, you will have until September 30th to complete and send us your block(s).
If you would like to participate, please fill out the form below:
The blocks will be pieced and assembled into quilts and then donated to a number of hospitals in various countries.
The project’s guidelines are as follows:
- Fabricate a block measuring 25 cm (10 inches), seam allowance NOT included.
- The color palette of the fabrics should range from pink to red.
- You may create any block that you like. The blocks presented on our blog are simply examples that you may reproduce, if you like, but this is not a requirement.*
- Sign your block using your preferred method: you are free to sign your block as you like. Front, back, embroidered, tagged, signed by hand… or any other way you see fit. We would just like for the project to be as personal as possible.
- Shipping instructions: The postal service is now fully operational so you may send us your blocks to the following address before September 30th:
1341 Capital Circle – Suite i
Marietta GA 30067
If you have any question, please comment this post or contact Anna-Karina at: firstname.lastname@example.org.