June Make-a-Long with BéaRiane Menardi Morrison
A Summer sewing project entirely explained!
Here we are… we have (already!) made half of our strip!! Go share your progress on the Simply Vintage facebook group and with the hashtag #QUILTMANIA2021! For the beginning of June, Béa gives us a taste of summer, travels and celebrations… so have fun with lace, jute, doily, etc.
Find the first five parts on our blog.
- One safety pin: 5.5 cm (2¼’’) length
- A linen rectangle: 4 x 6 cm (1½’’x 2½’’)
- An old sheet rectangle: 3.5 x 5 cm (1⅜’’x 2’’) and a small rectangle for the « C ‘est l’été » (It’s Summertime) label
- A jute rectangle: 3 x 5 cm (1¼’’x 2’’) you’ll paint in green
- A starched doily scrap
- A yellow lace scrap
- A flowery lace scrap
- A blue died lace scrap
- 2 small buttons
- Place the small rectangle of old sheet right next to the linen rectangle’s bottom. Make some broken rib stitches with the ecru cotton embroidery thread on the top ¾ of this assembly.
- Unravel the upper part of the piece of jute to fake grass. Then sew it onto the base.
- Add the crochet scrap and attach it in the same way.
- Put some blue color on the upper part to represent the sky.
- Help yourself and use the picture as a guide to make the lavender with green crewel stitches and lavender french knots.
- Sew on the two buttons.
- Attach everything on the safety pin by folding the upper part of the linen rectangle down.
- On the strip, above the May part, on the left, place the yellow lace (for the sun) and the blue compress (for the sky). Sew in place with broken rib stitches.
- Find a space to keep for your pin. On the right side of this space, attach the flowery lace scrap.
- From this lace, embroider the branches that started on the January part. Make them more and more perennial and leafy.
- Fix the pin in place. Make some broken rib stitches on the bare part. Embroider some music notes with black cotton thread.
- On the small remaining sheet rectangle, embroider your little message with backstitches and attach it on the left side of the pin.