Simply Moderne magazine #15 – 2018 Winter issue
Report: The Festival of Quilts, Birmingham
Exhibition: 24th European Patchwork Meeting, Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, France
Portrait: Erick Wolfmeyer, great contemporary quilter
Meet: Heather Black
- The Big Chill by Sherri Noel for Rebecca Mae Designs
- Christmas Birds by Hitomie Hanaoka
- The Most Famous Reindeer by Barbara Cherniwchan for Coach House Designs
- Indigo Winter by Sandra Johnson for Sandra Johnson Designs
- Lollipop by Judy Tucker for Lake House Quilts
- A Rose for my Boyfriend designed and made by Eunsoo Kang and quilted by Cosmic Quilting for Sewing Party
- Turbine by Jen Carlton Bailly for Bettycrockerass
- Mark Maker Charcoal by Valori Wells for Valori Wells Designs
- Mountain Scene by Heather Black for Quiltachusetts
- Mistletoe by Brigitte Heitland for Zen Chic
- Boho Baby-Indigo designed by Marsha Evans Moore, made by Heidi Pridemore and quilted by Monica Croom for Free Spirit Fabrics
Simply Moderne is a seasonal magazine dedicated entirely to Modern quilting. The innovative graphic designs and vibrant color palettes used in modern, reinvigorates the world of quilting, inviting beginnersand even those not familiar with this style to embark on a new adventure.
We track the latest trends and celebrate creative, fresh new ideas by designers from all over the world.
Each issues features 10+ projects presented with full-size patterns along with detailed instructions. Also included is a technical lesson and project, presented by featured designer specializing in modern quilting.